Terms & Conditions
Thank you for your interest in participating in the This Time It Counts (“TTIC”) project. It is very important that you understand what we consider to be acceptable videos, captions, and other material (collectively, your “Content”). By using the TTIC website, you acknowledge and agree that your Content conforms to the letter and spirit of the below Terms & Conditions.
- As you prepare your Content, please keep in mind that this website was created to celebrate your achievements through weight loss surgery. TTIC reserves the right to remove Content that even potentially harms third parties. As the Content creator, you will be held fully responsible for your Content.
- By posting and discussing your personal and medical details, you acknowledge and understand that your private information is being made public, and that TTIC is not responsible for the outcome. Once information is made available on the Internet, neither you nor the TTIC team has control over it.
- You agree to keep your content “PG”. Please do not submit Content that contains cursing or otherwise abusive or threatening language, inappropriate or explicit images that do not show changes in health or weight loss, or discriminatory or otherwise hateful language or imagery.
- You agree to keep your Content related to your own personal weight-loss journey. Please do not refer to or share private information about others, including names, email or physical addresses, telephone numbers, or any otherwise distinguishing characteristics. We want to hear your story; therefore, impersonation is not allowed.
- You agree that you will not use your Content to advertise or endorse doctors, healthcare centers, products or the like. TTIC is a space intended to share your experience, and we understand that you will want to talk about the people who have helped you and the treatments and technology involved in your weight-loss journey. Please avoid mentioning names, websites and/or contact information in an effort to help yourself or a third party gain financially. No commercial product placements, sponsorships, advertisements, sales pitches, links or other promotion is allowed in the Content.
- You agree that you are the creator of your Content and that the Content does not infringe on another’s copyright or intellectual property rights. For example, instead of using a song on the radio that is copyrighted, use one with a Creative Commons license. Also, use photographs you have taken or that have been taken of you by friends and family, not ones you have taken off the Internet that are of or belong to someone else.
- You attest that you are 15 or more years of age at the time of uploading Content. If you are under 15, then by uploading Content you confirm that you have the permission of your parent or guardian to do so.
- You agree that upon uploading, all Content becomes the property of TTIC. Once the Content becomes the property of TTIC, you (a) grant us irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable ownership (with right to grant ownership in others) to use, publish, reproduce, distribute, produce derivative works of, display, broadcast and perform the Content in part or as a whole, in any media formats and through any media channels; and (b) waive all rights to the Content. TTIC in turn agrees to use the Content in furtherance of its mission to increase public understanding of obesity and advance the science of obesity-related medicine and agrees that it will not edit your Content to change the Content’s intent or message.
- You understand that the TTIC team reserves the right, in our sole discretion, for any or no reason, without notice, to determine which Content to include on the website.
- The TTIC team respects your right to privacy. If you wish to have your Content removed from the Gallery, you may email us at email@example.com from the email address you used to submit the Content. Please use “Remove TTIC Content” as your subject line. In the body of your email include the web page URL that your Content currently resides, along with an explanation of why you are requesting this Content be removed. Please allow 3-4 business days for your Content to be removed.
- You agree to indemnify and hold TTIC harmless from any third-party claims, damages, or losses due to the use of the submitted Content, both prior to submission to TTIC and after.
- You understand that these Terms and Conditions are a legal commitment and that they are enforceable by both you and the TTIC team.
You agree that: (i) you own the Content that you upload to this Gallery, or otherwise have the right to grant the rights and ownership set forth in these Terms; (ii) the posting and use of your Content on this Gallery does not violate, misappropriate or infringe on the rights of any third party, including, without limitation, privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, trademarks and/or other intellectual property rights; (iii) you agree to pay for all royalties, fees and any other monies owed by reason of Content you upload to this Gallery; and (iv) you are at least fifteen (15) years old and have the legal right and capacity to agree to the Terms.
Consent By submitting your Content to this Gallery, you acknowledge and give your consent to TTIC, and its third-party service providers that provide Content collection services, that your Content, including your name and likeness if it appears in your Content, and the name and likeness of anyone else shown in your Content may be featured on the Gallery, and be used to promote, advertise or link through to TTIC products and services. If your Content includes an image of or reference to an individual, before you upload your Content you must ensure that the individual in your Content willingly consents to the possibility of appearing on this Gallery. You should obtain the permission of any such individual to be included in your Content and appear on this Gallery. You should send each such individual a link to this Gallery and these Terms. It is also important that you explain to each such individual that others on the Internet may view or “Share” the Content.