You have an inspirational story; let’s tell the world!
Not sure how to create a video? Our suggestion is to first sit down with a pen and some paper and jot down notes about your experience. Some people have typed out their full talk while others ‘wing it’ after hitting the record button. Here are some questions to help you plan your talk:
- What was your highest weight?
- Were you held back from activities that you can now participate in?
- What kinds of food did you eat but don’t eat now?
- What is your current exercise routine?
- Why did you choose the type of surgery that you did?
- What have friends and family said?
- How did you stay inspired during your weight-loss journey?
- How did you celebrate your first surgiversary?
- What kinds of health problems are no longer an issue because of the surgery?
Props are fun! Find a few before and after pictures, some clothes from your heavier days, or other things that remind you how your life has changed, like a medal you earned for running your first 5K race.
Once you have a good idea about what you’re going to say on camera, it’s time for lights, camera action! Adjust the settings of your recording device (smartphone, tablet, webcam, or camcorder) to the highest quality possible. Find a place that you feel comfortable and that provides a suitable background. Set up your device so that you are clearly visible, ideally from your shoulders up.
Before uploading your video, please read the three points below that sum up our Terms and Conditions.
My video does not sell or endorse a product or service in a way that I, a friend, or a colleague will profit from the exposure.
(We understand how important a product or service can be to helping us achieve our goals, and you are more than welcome to talk about what you have used or experienced before, during and after surgery. However, our reviewers will remove your video if we believe it is an advertisement for a product or service.)
My video does not contain nudity or off-color language, and I wouldn’t mind either my grandmother or young neice or nephew watching it.
- My video tells my unique weight-loss surgery story, including details about my life before surgery and after.
If you can say “Yes!” to all three, continue on to Step 1 and upload your video! *Please note that your answers to the questions in Step 2 will appear below your video (unless stated otherwise, like your email address). If you do not wish to make your weight or other details public, please leave these fields blank.